New Release: v0.85!
Hi! This is a big release (for me, personally), because it fixes a number of major issues that have been plaguing development for months, and it opens up a lot of new options for me to experiment with improving combat.
ALSO, I'm very pleased to finally introduce the official voice actress for Mercy, who will be narrating a number of scenes throughout the game, starting with the prologue. Please welcome the very talented Dorn on board!
Beyond that, I've also added some new features this week: autosaves being chief among them (as an experiment), but also new keybind shortcuts in the form of B (for bag) and M (for map). No more digging through the inventory to find out where in the world you are anymore.
There has also been a bit of sprucing up of old maps, with places like Shiveworth getting a bit of a facelift.
Anyway, there's been a ton of little fixes and improvements, all of which are logged below. New alpha build next week!
Version 0.85 - 5-24-2019
- Added some new, voice-acted lines at the end of the Shiveworth prologue, courtesy of Dorn!
- Added Aklas’s campsite & multiple different conversations and paths depending on your choices so far
- Added Dietrich & Aklas to the cove
- Beatrix’s “Essence Flare” now counts as a physical attack
- Spruced up the Shiveworth maps with new flower, grass and coral tiles
- Implemented an autosave feature (temporarily, as a test)
- Disabled the confirmation request when loading save files from the menu
- Updated all of the attack animation sequences, adding more diversity to the attack types and making the blows feel more powerful and resolve more quickly
- Added new hotkeys for opening up the item bag (B) and pulling up the travel map (M). NOTE: you’ll have to reset the keyboard configuration back to default before these hotkeys work.
- Fixed a bug where the new DragonBones plugin was causing humanoid enemy attack animations not to play correctly during attacks [FINALLY]
- Fixed a bug where finishing up the Esterholt chapter and leaving fails to disable the “coat on” switch, which affects fishing spots
- Claire no longer remains in the nunnery after it’s cleared out by Oldlight soldiers
- In the debug room, rather than choosing a specific level, you can now increase or decrease Mercy and Orus’s levels by increments (up to level 20)
- Fixed a bug where a Fogsborough watchman can be body-blocked by Orus, causing a soft lock
- Fixed a fishing spot in the Fogsborough cavern passage
- Fixed some typos and text runoffs
- Lowered system sound effect levels across the board
- Overhauled Bell’s ship hull map for better pathing and clearer doorways
- Fixed an issue where the opening splash screen plugin was known to cause frame drops (courtesy of Bluebooth)
- Marlan has his own inventory now during the execution segment in Carvannah
- Fixed an issue where Silas appeared in the Witchdale tavern even if you didn’t recruit him
- Added new flower tiles to Mar’Liore
- Fixed some issues where Orus was appearing twice in a scene or overlapping someone
- Fixed a bug where talking to the bed in the White Rat and declining to sleep still progressed a quest in the journal
- You can no longer enter the room in the White Rat without first talking to Cattie